One thing that is highly coveted in the beard community is a full, healthy beard. For various reasons, not all bearded men can grow this type of beard as effortlessly as others can.
We have done our research and come up with a few tips that can even out the playing field! If you have a harder time achieving perfect facial hair, this is especially for you:
- Let it grow! – Yup, it’s really that simple. Stop stressing about it and tampering with it every minute. As the old age saying goes, good things come to those who wait! Be patient for at least 4 weeks. This means no trimming, no styling, no nothing…We recommend a trim when the hair starts to look uneven and untidy but until then, let your hair just grow.
- Moisturize- If you are a member of the Mandevu family then you must already have this point drilled into your mind. We always emphasize on this point seeing as it is one of the most important things you can do for your beard. Beard wash, beard balm and beard oil- should be your mantra as a bearded man.
- Eat right- Many men have questioned if their eating habits can really affect their beard growth. Well guys, it is no myth. Your diet can definitely have an impact on your beard growth and health. We took the liberty of creating a meal plan for you packed with the foods that have the right nutrients for hair growth. Click Eat your way to a healthy beard to find out more about this.
- Towel dry your beard- We’ve all had those mornings where pressing that 5 minute snooze button turned into waking up 30 minutes later! This rush doesn’t necessarily leave room to carefully dry your beard. However, this is a crucial factor in growing a healthy beard. A gentle towel dry and a spread of beard oil or beard balm goes a long way for your beard care. It’s worth foregoing that extra 5 – 30 minutes of sleep.
- Comb and Trim- After the initial four week period where we advise you to just let your hair grow, you may now start styling and trimming it. A trim every once in a while allows you to get rid of split ends which promotes healthy hair growth. Combing your makes it easier to manage and allows you to style your beard to shape that suits you best.
Seems pretty easy to grow a perfect beard, right? Let us know how these tips have worked for you. Share your beard growth journey with us!
Mandevu’s got you on your way to perfection!
Words: Ciku Kimani