‘How can I grow my beard?’ This is a commonly asked question and one that we often receive. Beard growth is determined by many factors including the type of lifestyle one leads, diet, genetics, stress levels, sleep patterns and overall hygiene.
While some men can easily grow a beard, others ‘struggle’ to grow one. Whichever category you fall under, here are some tips to grow and keep a healthy beard;
- Sleep – Proper rest ensures repair of damaged skin cells & promotes healthy beard growth.
- Relax – The lower your stress levels, the faster you will grow a beard.
- Protein – Increase your protein intake in your diet. Nuts, eggs, fish will help your facial hair to grow.
- Facial Massage – This improves blood circulation which in turn stimulates new hair growth.
- Clean Face- Unclogged pores are best for accelerating facial hair growth. You will also avoid infections with a clean face.
- Oil – If you experience the dreaded itch when your facial hair is growing, avoid scratching and apply some beard oil to keep the face smooth.
- Hands off – Don’t pull your facial hairs, resist the urge to. Hands can easily spread germs to your face leaving you with break outs and infections.
After growing your facial hair out for about 6-8 weeks, decide on whether you want to keep a beard or not. If you do decide to keep it, find beard style suitable for your face, trim it, shape it and keep it well groomed. You can use our beard kit to get you started.